Wednesday, October 14, 2009

BFMP #2 ~ Primary School Part 1

Sometimes, it takes a whole lot of effort to recall your early childhood.


Primary 1 for me was a total blur as I don't have any memories of it whatsoever... for now anyway. Maybe it will come back to me as I make my blog postings of BFMP more frequent.


Now primary 2 i remember some of it.


I recall vividly the first day of school. It was also the first time that I was attending S.R.K. Limpoon 1, Batu Pahat. My dad being a government servant had been transferred to Batu Pahat that year and I was enrolled in that school.


My class was overlooking the school field in which the field was not covered with grass but sand. The school at that time was not gated and had a mountain stream flowing along the fringes of the school.


On that day, dad sent me to school and accompanied me to my class. Now for an 8 year old kid, a new environment can be a scary one especially when you know you will not be with familiar people.


Dad sent me to class, had a word with the teacher, gave me some instructions and then he made his way to work. I don't think I cried but there was a feeling of being lost in a class with total strangers.


I also remember that in Primary 2 I had a best friend called Esen (think that's how his name was spelt) and the friendship only lasted for the duration of Primary 2. I think he moved to another town later that year.


There are more stories of my primary years which I will dwell in my next BFMP.


Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I can totally imagine u when u were small,haha...
    nice blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah..like reading story book! mini series for 'fans' to wait on..good job!

    ReplyDelete