Thursday, November 5, 2009

BFMP#3 Bruce Lee Rulers

Bruce Lee was huge in the 70s and is still huge now.

When I was in primary school in the 70s there was a time which I just had to get my hands on a Bruce Lee ruler.   If you were schooling in the 70s and were in a small town in Malaysia, I am sure you would have come into contact with this.

This ruler came in either the 6inch or 12inch type.  Made of plastic and the thing that made me want one is that it had a picture of Bruce Lee (obviously!!) in his famous flying kick pose (similar to the picture below).  Needless to say I managed to get my hands on one at one of those provision/sundry shops that sold almost anything from toys to fireworks to drinks to food.

That ruler was treasured and I think that there were a few more of those in the months and years following.

Its little simple pleasures like that that kept me happy when I was young.  Now, if only I can find one of those rulers..



No comments:

Post a Comment