Wednesday, September 8, 2010

BFMP #6 ~ Dr Smith Still Gives Me The Creeps!

For those who are old (or young!) enough to remember Dr Zachary Smith (Jonathan Harris) from the television series Lost In Space:  That guys still creeps me out!



I had to pleasure of watching the series again recently and I still find it refreshing even to this day.  I do not remember much of any of the series story lines but characterwise, Dr Smith leaves an impression. 

In season 1, episode 1 when he was first introduced popping out in the empty spaceship to reprogram the robot to sabotage the mission, the camera pans directly at his villaneous face.  One look at it and it was enough to bring back some memories of how afraid I was of this character when I was young.

For the record, the impact is not as great now as it was some 30 plus years ago but it is still enough to give me the heeby-geebies!

Ah, Dr Smith... what an impression you have left in my childhood.  Thanks for the creepy memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment